We are starting a revolution, to redfine the software and philosophy currently used to operate teams. Our platform delivers transparency to developers about their standing in the company and helps them to actively participate in their career trajectory. Simultaneously we use daily operational data to enable "managers" to be the supportive leaders our organizations really need. To do that, we need passionate, hard working, focused invidivuals who believe in our mission and want to move fast.
- Work with a team of high-performing analytics, data science professionals, and cross-functional teams to identify business opportunities, optimize product performance or go to market strategy
- Analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data; develop deep-dive analysis and machine learning models to drive member value and customer success
- Design and develop core business metrics, create insightful automated dashboards and data visualization to track them and extract useful business insights
- Design and analyze experiments to test new product ideas or go to market strategies. Convert the results into actionable recommendations. Independently craft compelling stories; make logical recommendations; drive informed actions
- Engage with technology partners to build, prototype and validate scalable tools/applications end to end (backend, frontend, data) for converting data to insights
- Initiate and drive projects to completion independently
- Act as a thought partner to senior leaders to prioritize/scope projects, provide recommendations and evangelize data-driven business decisions in support of strategic goals
- Partner with cross-functional teams to initiate, lead or contribute to large-scale/complex strategic projects for team, department and company
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior team members on solution design as well as lead code/design reviews
- BS or above degrees in a quantitative field - Computer Science, Engineering, Operational Research, Statistics, Economics or related fields
- 5+ years relevant industry or relevant academia experience in Analytics/Data Science working with large amounts of data.
- Experience with SQL/Relational databases
- Background in at least one programming language (eg. R, Python, Java, Ruby, Scala/Spark or Perl)
- Experience in applied statistics and statistical modeling in at least one statistical software package, (eg. R, SPSS)
- Experience with data visualization tools (eg. Tableau, BI dashboarding, R visualization packages, etc.)
- BS and 7+ years of relevant work experience, MS and 5+ years of relevant work experience, or PhD and 3+ years of relevant work experience in relevant industry/academia
- Experience in one of the domains - product analytics, marketing analytics, or sales analytics
- Experience with manipulating massive-scale structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with Hadoop or other MapReduce paradigms, and associated languages such as Pig, Hive, etc.
- Working knowledge of Unix and Unix-like systems, git and review board.
- Excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify and explain complex problems to different types of audience, including executives
- Published work in academic conferences or industry circles