Software Engineer, Infrastructure
We are starting a revolution, to redfine the software and philosophy currently used to operate teams. Our platform delivers transparency to developers about their standing in the company and helps them to actively participate in their career trajectory. Simultaneously we use daily operational data to enable "managers" to be the supportive leaders our organizations really need. To do that, we need passionate, hard working, focused invidivuals who believe in our mission and want to move fast.
We believe in picking the right tools for the job, whether that means evaluating third party vendors or building something in house. We aren't dogmatic about technologies and we adapt our systems based on the needs of the organization. Currently you'll find us writing Python and Go, and integrating our services with a suite of Amazon Web Services, Jenkins, Salt, and Kubernetes just to name a few.
- Developing and maintaining the platform
- Writing and maintaining cloud automation software and internal tools to support developers deploying, running and monitoring individual services
- Championing best practices for building scalable and reliable services
- Conducting root cause analysis on production issues with other engineers
- Responding to production incidents and determining how we can prevent them in the future
- Contributing your ideas on how we can continuously improve our systems and processes
Experience & Skills
- Experience with UNIX systems administration including solid scripting skills in Shell, Python, or PHP
- Experience with systems programming in Go, C and/or C++
- Knowledge of configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef, Salt, or Ansible
- Experience operating and managing Kubernetes at scale
- Experience building and running RESTful web services on cloud platforms
- Contributions to open source projects